NFL star and one of the heroes of Super Bowl XLII Brandon Jacobs entertained local fans during Best Buy’s Ultimate Gamers Showdown
New York Giant Brandon Jacobs played some Madden NFL 25® at the Union Square Best Buy to kickoff the Ultimate Gamers Showdown. A little later, he handed autograph cards to the first 250 fans who waited on the meet & greet line.
This competitive tournament, created by Best Buy, just got underway 2 days ago to mark the arrival of the newest PS4 and Xbox One gaming consoles that came out recently. The goal of the competition is to give gaming and sports fans around the country an opportunity to test out the next-gen consoles, and to rock their Madden NFL 25® skills at select Best Buy stores in front of an audience.
The tournament series will culminate in a big way. On Monday, December 16th, Best Buy will deliver the ultimate gaming experience for the winners of each market with a private event at the world-famous AT&T Stadium in Dallas. This means each winner will come together and compete head-to-head. Yeah, skills will be on blast, and bragging rights will be definitely earned on the largest HD screen in the world! We’re told to expect shout casters, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders & drum line, Dez Bryant and other celebrity appearances.
· Contestants will play Madden NFL 25® and compete on the new PS4 consoles.
· Registration for store tournament events will be on a first-come first-served basis, and stores will only accept registrations in person on the day of each event.
· The tournament features 64 people in single player elimination, bracket-style format.
· The winner in each market will receive a $1,000 Best Buy gift card and a trip for two to Dallas to compete in the finals.
· During the in-store events, customers can stop by to cheer on their friends, laugh at hilarious play-by-play commentary, meet top gamers and try to win cool stuff. Giveaway prizes at each city will include: 2 Sony 40″ LED HDTVs, 1 Xbox One and controller, 2 PS4’s, 14 cool games, and more